Year 10: excellent discussion in class today.
Key topics: Priestley’s stagecraft and characterization.
Key words: empathy, compassion, conflict, contrast, interrogation, practical.
Please consolidate your ideas by writing 2 bullet points per question:
- Why does JBP choose to have a break at this point?
- Why does he focus on one character at once?
- How has he built up our feelings for the characters?
- Why does he choose to move Gerald from the stage during this part of the play?
- How has he prepared us for what will happen in act 3?
- What does the audience expect to happen in Act 3?
- What has been the function of the Inspector in Act 2?